Hello Everybody Starting a large SW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angel50

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My wife gave me my first tank (55 gal) several years ago. I had sucess and failures in my first reef system. This was an excellent opportunity to get some experience with this awesome hobby. Unfortunately over time I lost all my corals, which makes me glad I only paid frag prices. I then lost some fish, jumpers and some possibly just old. I did not replace any of the fish because we were in the process of moving so the least amount of fish to move the easier. When we finally were able to move I was left with three fish (2 clowns and a royal gramma). They had to stay at a friend's house for a while in a 10 gal since we were between house for a while.

However the exciting news is we are in a much bigger home and now I can dive back into this. I am interested in starting up a large tank, around 220 gal. So I looked around the web for answers to the many questions I still have and stumbled upon this site which I hope to use to gain additional knowledge and share my experiences with others.

Hi angel50, and welcome to the AA forum! :welcome: It's great to have you, and this is a great site to share knowledge and experience. WOW, a 220 gal. is a magnificent size. Are you planning to do reef only, or FOWLR or what. Whatever you do, keep us posted (with pictures, of course). It sounds like a lot of fun.

I will be doing a FOWLR for two main reasons to keep costs down and most importantly a couple of my main fish I want do not work well with reef systems. I will definitely keep everyone posted on my progress as it will be a long drawn out process with many questions.

Back
Top Bottom