Hello Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JSD_Philly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone,

Jeff from Philadelphia USA. This seems like the place to be.

I recently got into the hobby. I have had small tanks in the past, but I recently made the jump to full hobby status.

I bought my self a small 20 gallon tank but then got the itch. Before too long I had a 75 gallon Oscar tank and the small 20 gallon that I am still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do. I currently have 3 african dwarf frogs in the small tank, however I am hoping to eventually getting it rolling with as much of a community as I can in such a small tank.

The oscar tank currently has Herman, my quickly growing Tiger Oscar, a plecco which I am hoping continues to grow along with herman and stay civil with Herm and 3 rainbow fish just swimming around to keep things moving until Herman gets bigger.

I had an ICH problem a little while back which I handled with Heat and Salt, seemed to work great.

As far as filtration in the big tank, I have a marine land C-160 and a SunSun 304-B. Together the are rated at 685 gallons/hour...I am really hoping that they stay adequate. I have a ton of bio balls, some ceramic media, scrubbing sheets, Chemi-pure elite and chemipure blue.

Most of the tank has been DIY, I bought the tank and stand, I built the canopy, the lighting system and I used naugahyde to create the black back ground.

Anyway, excited to be here and hopefully learn a lot in the future! I would love some feedback, tips, advice, anything!! Thanks!

bvCJHOi.jpg

Thats what I want to do, Honestly, I have no idea where to start.

Not to mention, I have spent more then a few dollars on the other tank.

I am hoping to make the 20 gallon planted and community. I guess what I need to find out is what is the "cheapest" way to get a light that will keep the plants going.

Make a thread in the planted section :) There are users with CRAZY planted tanks (in 20 gallons no less) on here that will blow your mind! And they're very helpful!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom