Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Random Fishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Greetings everyone!!:) I'm new here and just made an account so I just wanted to say hi to everybody. I look forward to talking to everyone about anything in the future. Also I'm somewhat new to aquarium keeping but I will try to give advice on posts from time to time. Because I am new to aquarium keeping I'm going to explode with about a million questions with my critter in my tank so please forgive me. Yes I do realize this is supposed to be off topic but quick question. Anyone know about how to care for a mystery snail? Thanks in advance!!:thanks:

Hi and welcome! I keep snails i feed mine blanched kale, spinach and cucumber. I also give algae wafers they will eat anything you feed your fish. I put cuttlebone in my tanks to help there shells ( it provides calcium) are you keeping them with fish? Mine share my bettas tank and i have some in my bigger tank too.

Thanks and yes I do keep my one snail with other fish. I like the idea of cuttlebone for his shell but how do you give it to the snail? Do you just grow the bone in or use another method? I would like to have a healthy snail without wrecking havoc on my fish tank with ph levels and such. ( I hear some methods like cuttle bone raise ph levels.)

Thanks and yes I do keep my one snail with other fish. I like the idea of cuttlebone for his shell but how do you give it to the snail? Do you just grow the bone in or use another method? I would like to have a healthy snail without wrecking havoc on my fish tank with ph levels and such. ( I hear some methods like cuttle bone raise ph levels.)

I just break a small piece off and put it in the tank be prepared for it to float lol once it's water logged it will sink, my snail's nibble on it. I haven't had any issues with the cuttlebone affecting my ph you should be fine. Feeding kale and spinach helps with the shell too so if you want to just do that and see how it goes. What's your ph?

This is really,really, stupid of me but I've never taken my ph and don't know much about what it is really. :sorry: (like I said I'm somewhat new to fish and this website.) I just normally don't have much time on my hands for my fish very often unless its to feed them. :( so I have a lot I still need to learn.

This is really,really, stupid of me but I've never taken my ph and don't know much about what it is really. :sorry: (like I said I'm somewhat new to fish and this website.) I just normally don't have much time on my hands for my fish very often unless its to feed them. :( so I have a lot I still need to learn.

That's fine I've been there! Enjoy the forum :)

Back
Top Bottom