HELP!! cant get my new forktail blenny to eat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had the forktail blenny for about 4 days and he hasnt eaten from what ive seen, i feed my fish mysis shrimp, copepod(some red bar of little stuff for my scooter blenny lol), cyclops pellet food. and on occasion chopped up krill, also have tried feeding him flake food wants nothing to do with it and i soak all my food in garlic and vitamin C. hes been doing really good since day 1 swimming around never hid from me yet always out in the open what should i try next i really dont want this guy to starve, and also figured id add anotherr question in this i bought some seaweed sheets for my coral beauty and even the forktail could eat it neither of em go for it though, im not to sure the brand i just know its dried seaweed with garlic extract any reccomendations on a differant type of food that i could put on my veggie clip for them? thanks so much for any help!

A new fish may not eat for a week. It all depends on how long it takes to get comfortable. As the blenny is an omnivore it may be eating when you aren't around.

Did you see it eat at the lfs?
Have you noticed it getting thinner and losing weight?

Dried seaweed with garlic extract? Is this sold for the aquarium?
You want to feed the coral beauty and blenny NORI which is also sold as sushi wrap. Get it plain, (probably toasted) as any Asian market or the local grocer. Use a clip or roll it really tight and rubber band it to piece of rock rubble.

It might take a few days till they go for the nori too. Whatever is not consumed in 24 hours should be removed and replaced.

what is nori and could i get it at my LFS or could i get somethign differant that would work the same from the LFS? and yes i got the seaweed with garlic extract from my LFS and i understand that some fish wont eat for weeks, but hes been good since i put him in never hid and comes out everyday when the lights are on and swimming in the open thats why i was stumped to why he wasnt eating because he looks very comfortable

i was also referred to this product roti feast made by reef nutrition from one of my guys at the LFS any input or experience with that product should i get that or you dont think that would do much

In my prior post I stated that nori is what is used for sushi wrap. You can get it at the lfs for ~$5.00 for 10 sheets or at an Asian market for 50 sheets at the same price.

Rotifers are live food, like buying pods. Not really necessary in this case as it should be eating by the time the roti's would arrive.

Back
Top Bottom