Help! Fish dying!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justfishin17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone! So my tank has been up and running for almost 6 months now. I'm just starting to come out of having a diatom problem. Everything has been going great for a couple weeks. Then, all of a sudden I lost a red platy. I checked my temp, water parameters, and filter and everything was fine. I did a water change just in case. Then another week later I lost another platy. Again checked everything and it all looked great but I did a water change just in case. Just hours after the water change I lost an otocinculous. Anybody have insight as to what is going on?

Could be many things an internal parasite the fish are old or they just died

My fish are no more than 6 months old all were bought young. I've got 2 tiger barbs, 2 albino tiger barbs, 1 green barb, 3 roseline sharks, 2 otocinculous, 2 flying foxes, and 2 plecos in a 55gallon tank. I've lost 3 fish in less than 12 hours

Barbs are known to bully fish to death. If your parameters are "fine" the barbs may be the problem or something (oils or sprays) may have gotten in the tank.

My barbs are schooled and leave everything alone. I haven't sprayed anything around or near the tank recently.

It's not my tigers. Some of my tigers have died. I Sid several large water changes and for the last 3 days I haven't had a dead fish. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom