HELP!!!! goldfish on side!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UAVFISH

Aquarium Advice Newbie
PLEASE HELP! My goldfish, Oscar is sitting on his side near the top. He is still breathing but he is almost just floating at the top! what do I do???? help!!!

Unfortunately when a fish is to the point they can't swim there is nothing you can do. I'm sorry for your loss.

He is swimming on his side a bit, moving at the top... Is it possible he is just over weighted on one side? I did just feed him before it happened... :(

Last edited:
Death...

Oscar just died on me... ;( why did this happen to me?.. well... S.I.P :(

I'm sorry for your loss. Unfortunately many fish just come from the pet store sick and this may be the case here. Sadly most pet store employees also don't know how to give correct advice about fishkeeping, which can lead to heartbreak on your part.
It can help any future fish you might get to make sure you are providing the ideal environment. Here is a link on starting freshwater aquariums to read when you are ready. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium/ Be sure to read up on the nitrogen cycle if you haven't yet. Goldfish also need at least a 30 gallon for one fish.

Because of the amount of waste that goldfish produce, I'd say yes to be on the safe side. You may be able to get away with a 10 gallon for a little while if there is nothing else in the tank, but they do grow fast and will have to be moved to a bigger tank soon.

Because of the amount of waste that goldfish produce, I'd say yes to be on the safe side. You may be able to get away with a 10 gallon for a little while if there is nothing else in the tank, but they do grow fast and will have to be moved to a bigger tank soon.

hmm okay thanks for ur advice :)

Back
Top Bottom