Help! Hydra!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaKeeper

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought some Christmas moss a while back and got really excited when I saw I had little seed shrimp and worms in with it that i could feed my Betta so I transferred the container over to a .5 gal. Well glad I didn't put it in my Betta tank because there is green hydra all over the place. How can I kill the hydra without killing the worms or seed shrimp?

Sent from my LGUK410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I bought some Christmas moss a while back and got really excited when I saw I had little seed shrimp and worms in with it that i could feed my Betta so I transferred the container over to a .5 gal. Well glad I didn't put it in my Betta tank because there is green hydra all over the place. How can I kill the hydra without killing the worms or seed shrimp?

Sent from my LGUK410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

almost any fish will eat them. Ive also read pond snails love to snack on them. Ive had them in my tanks and they never last long. My puffers will eat them, my betta will eat them (so Im sure yours will) and just about anything in my bigger tank will eat them to.

If you do not feed live water fleas, the Hydra is little spread.
Take all shrimp out and use them some blue gouramis.
The eat the Hydra on the discs.
Otherwise, if only fish, I put a copper sheet to the page. This kills the Hydra, but also shrimp and snails. Not copper !.

I successfully treated my tank for planaria using l fenbendazole (dewormer medicine) and I understand that it works for hydra as well. This was in a shrimp tank and the shrimp and snails were fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom