Help! I fear for my tiger barbs life!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmike

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just did a 30% water change this water. Half the water i added had been treated and sat for a day, the other half treated and sat for several hours.

I think the second set I added may have been a little warm, but had no change of temp on my thermometer. For a while after initially conducting the change my Tiger barbs have been swimming, head at a downward angle right next the intake tube of my penguin 150 filter. All six were there for a while, I read that they may do that if there is some ammonia in the water so I freaked and added some more Prime. After 5-10minutes the rest of my barbs went back to exploring the tank, but one is still there. He'll hang out by it for a minute and then go swim around, then hang out there again. I don't have a test kit, I live next to a Petsmart so i've been having my water tested there.

My sciatic is currently exploding in pain, so i just took a muscle relaxer. In a few hours I'll be able to go to Petsmart and have my water tested and I'll be picking up my own test kit. PLEASE HELP! I don't want to lose my Tiger Barb!

Moved to the FW unhealthy fish forum. More people will see it there. Welcome to AA

Is it the smallest one of the bunch? There's one of mine that's really small and he often hides in the back, his tail is pretty much torn up. Tiger barbs are bullies.

Back
Top Bottom