Help in cured live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

poolguy72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm getting a 120lb shipment from Florida on Monday it was just harvested. I have learned that I have to cure it before I put it in my tank what is the best way and fastest and cheapest help

is your tank up and running? If not just build your tank up and use that to cycle it!

You can place the rock in a separate tank or a large rubbermaid container with salt water, a heater and some sort of powerhead. It can take a few weeks to get all the die off to happen and cycle. If you were to put in that rock now you most likely would get a huge ammonia spike and possibly lose your fish. :-(

Only got 3 clown and 1 snapper it would be an except able loss I just don't want to lose the coralline that's starting and I don't have the time I need Rock in there anyway

I can't in good conscious recommend adding that rock and potentially killing your fish, an "acceptable loss" isn't something i am in favor of.

Not asking you to recommend adding it just wanted to no different options in curing it quickly I might just dry it out

Back
Top Bottom