Help injured gourami!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emmie943

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
As I was going to feed the tank this morning I noticed my gourami was not coming up to the surface as he usually does. I found him stuck to the filter intake (HOB) and I assume he's been this way at least a couple of hours. He looks pretty bad at this point but is still alive and resting on a plant. Is there anything I can do? The water parameters are fine and nothing is in the tank that should mess with him. Previously I've noticed he has been acting a bit more reclusive but besides that not showing signs of illness.

Clean water and meds would be the only thing to help. Maybe a bit of aquarium salt also. How big is the filter and the goirmai? It's unusual for a health fish to get stuck though not in heard of

It's a dwarf gourami around 3 inches. The filter isn't incredibly strong or anything, I've had smaller fish handle it without problem. He seems to be improving a bit and swimming around so maybe he will be okay. Thanks for the tips.

Back
Top Bottom