Help me decide - Please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which would you go for?

• 4 Blue Gourami, 2 Golden Rams, 6+ Kuhlii Loaches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 Red Irian Rainbow, 15 Flase Neon Tetra, 6+ Ottos

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chrism

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, I've got a near empty 45 Gal tank. Only occupants are 2 Bristle nose plecos. It's planted, with Co2 injection. 2 Filters, Rena XP 2 & Ehim pro II 2026 (i think) eco complete as the substrate. Tap water is ~7ph and slightly hard.

I can't decide what to fill it with! I've got a few good local fish shops that will order stock in for me if they haven't got it so I've got quite a few options... So please pick which one you'd go with out of the options below!! I like them all equally - haven't got enough tanks!

I've only kept rams & ottos before so any personal experiences you can provide on these fish would also be apriciated

Thanks in advance!

Gouramis are semi-territorial and will chase others around. I have one gold and two blue in my tank and they will chase one another off once in a while. I'm not sure this is necessarily a horrible thing, but it's just a head's up.

Ah ok cool... Are they territorial with each other or other species? would the 2 Golds squabble, or would they just bother the blue dwarfs?

I'd go with 1 of a larger gourami specie or maybe 2 of the dwarfs. Irian rainbows get 6-7 inches, and need more swimming area. I've not heard of a "false" neon tetra.

I don't see an issue with a school of tetras, a pair of GBR's, 6 cories, kuhli's and some otos. All of this with a staggered introduction of course, not all at once.

I personally had 2 blue goruami's in a 44 pentegon. I had to seperate them! Now one is in my 15 gallon and gets along fine with my angels. They're not graceful fish. I prefer the rainbows! :)

Oh blimey, I'd always thought of them as peacful fish... Thanks for the advice! Think I'll go with 1 of the larger Gourami's, to start with and build from there cories kuhli and ottos sounds like a great plan - i love them all!

Back
Top Bottom