Help Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TigerbarbD

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 60 gallon fresh water Aquarium,I have all baby fish 6 [emoji225] Tiger Barb's 2 Bala [emoji1655] and 1 algae eater.. My question is..If I have 2 aquarium heaters they are both reading 75° on each side of my aquarium two filters on each side of my aquarium would that be okay for my freshwater fish here?

Yes that’s perfectly fine. However the balance sharks get huge and if the algae eater your referring to is a common pleco they get quite large as well and neither are a good match for a 60, may want to reconsider them and attempt to rehome/return those 3.

Yes absolutely I'm considering a 125 gallon once bigger and Keep the 60 gallon for tigers!!! Thank you for answering my question

Yes it's a Pleco should I get rid of it now I mean all of the are babies at this time but maybe the Pleco looks a little bigger than the rest

Its fine to grow out the fish in the smaller tank as long as you are planning for a bigger tank for when they get towards adult size.

Plecos come in all sizes from a few inches to a couple of feet. The common pleco mentioned gets up to 2 feet long. Do you know what type of pleco you have? Could you post a photo if you dont?

I would suggest bristlenose plecos as they dont get more then around 8inches generally. Unless you have a massive pond dont do common plecos!

Back
Top Bottom