Help new tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jolenebailey

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have just upgraded from a 110litre to a 260 litre. I added as much water old as I could to the new tank. Added my old filter sponge to my new canister filter , bio balls etc, I have used the Same ornaments aswell... Although I did change the stones. In the tank I have 2 bristlenose , 1 blue Acara and a ghost knife. I lost 1 silverdollar so I've moved the rest to another tank till I get this sorted.. I was sure I would have been ok. My tank has got elevated levels of ammonia .. No nitrites but have nitrate.. any ideas what I can do? I did a 50% water change today and have just added a mesh bag of stones from my other tank.. Any ideas?

Your best bet is to just keep up on the water changes. You can do pretty frequent water changes without harming your fish, as long as you use a conditioner and keep the water temp about the same.

How long did you have the smaller tank? You had the existing stock in the smaller tank?

When you try to do an instant cycle by carrying over seeded media, you want the bioload to stay the same as it was used to.

The ghost knife still needs a larger tank. How many silver dollars are you planning on putting in this tank?

I had the old tank for 6 years or so, I moved the filter media into the new filter 6 days ago.
I now have 3 silver dollars as one died so will be getting another two.
I rescued the ghost knife from a 3 foot tank . And will have another home for him when he gets bigger.

Back
Top Bottom