Help please… may have ruined new tank equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishgirl95

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 38 gallon tropical freshwater tank that is doing really well that I just bought new equipment for. I was giving it a soak to remove the factory residue and the short of it it that I accidentally sprayed my new equipment with febreeze pet deodorizer. Does anyone know if there is a way to rinse off or soak the effected equipment so that it’s safe to use, or do I need to re buy everything?

It was an accidental misting, but it was pretty close to the line of fire . So it didn't get directly blasted, but it did get a bit on everything before i realized i hadn't moved it out of the room.

It was an accidental misting, but it was pretty close to the line of fire . So it didn't get directly blasted, but it did get a bit on everything before i realized i hadn't moved it out of the room.
Should be fine then by giving it a good washing off. If you are overly concerned, get yourself a test fish or two ( zebra danios are good for this) to try in the tank before getting your regular stock. If there's a problem, the test fish will die within a couple hours. (y)

Should be fine then by giving it a good washing off. If you are overly concerned, get yourself a test fish or two ( zebra danios are good for this) to try in the tank before getting your regular stock. If there's a problem, the test fish will die within a couple hours. (y)
Thank you that's a great idea, i even have a spare 10g to test it in.

Honestly id just give it a good washing... run the stuff under some warm water and wipe it down good. You'll be fine :)

Back
Top Bottom