Help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marshy92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a comunity tank with 2 pictus catfish, 2 horseface loachs, 10 z danios, 8 rummy nose tetras, 2 algea eaters, 1 albino bristlenose, 2 chinese golden zebra loachs, 5 clown loachs, 4 skunk cory, 1 half moon betta, 8 congo tetras.

My clown loachs have ich so i've turned my temperature up and it went away but has come back again, how can i treat this quick!! I've ordered 5 Discus and 2 Bolivian Rams and I dont want to add them untill my ich has gone completely!

I've been told I can't use treatments because it will likely do more harm to my clown loachs. what else can i use to cure ich that will have no effect on the rest of my fish and the fish i want to add.

Quick replies will be appreciated!! Thanks

There's no real "quick" way to cure Ich. Increasing temp slowly to 86 F is a good way to cure it, but it can take a couple of weeks. You want to leave the temp up for a week after the last of the spots are gone and you want to do daily water changes with gravel vacuum to suck up the Ich spores. Also what size tank is this as many of your fish will get very large (clown loaches, Discus)? If they are in a tank that's too small for them and/or if they are stressed due to aggression from other fish that can cause illnesses; adding more fish will just make it worse. Is the tank cycled? Have you tested for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate?

My tank is cycled, I have 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites in my tank. not sure on nitrates. I have sand in my tank and no gravel vacuum so I cannot do that. I was told I couldn't use medication because the fish dont have scales and it would remove there slimey coating that protects there skin.

Scaleless fish CAN have medications. Just no copper. Voogle is homeopathic doesn't hurt anything.....

Back
Top Bottom