HELP treating ICH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amesync

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have a 46 gallon bowfront with live plants, tetras, african dwarf frogs, among other fish. Everything Ive read says you have to be careful when treating ich with the live plants, tetras, and invertebrates when treating with chemicals, and you cant use salt. I went to the LFS and they gave me Maracide. I completed one full treatment cycle, not much improvement at all, and just started another treatment cycle yesterday (with a 25% water change) The temp in the tank has been raised to 82 degrees F, and I have added an extra airstone to help with oxygenation. Please does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do/use for treatment with what I have in the tank?!? My fish are dyng, theres a new one dead every day... Its heartbreaking.

Raise ther temperature to over 86F, shoot for 88. You need to go slow but if it is that bad you may want to push it a bit. Leave it that way for two weeks after the last spots are gone. The plants wont like the heat but they will deal with it for a few weeks.

Good luck.

Don't just push your heater to 88 though, increase it 2 degrees every 12 hours or so. If it's really bad, you can push it a little bit, but a sudden jump to 88 is going to wreak havoc on your tank too.

Back
Top Bottom