Help with Bubble coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckles

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, last night the bubble flesh left its skeleton i had 1 died before but this time symptoms are totally different, no algae build on skeleton, separate flesh fully fine and bubbles are very normally extended, it also stings, there is very thin layer of tissue seem to be new on skeleton, is it self propagating, or dying, need more info
Thanks

Sorry....not familiar with bubble corals. Hopefully someone with one will speak up and give some input on what the problem could be.

Day 3 and flesh still looks ok will get u pic of skeleton soon as lights turn on

image-4178327719.jpg

That's messed up I've never heard of then seperating from the skeleton like that. I've got a pearl bubble coral and it has never done anything like that. Perhaps a google search could yield some answers. I will let ya know if I come across any info.

Consider tank placement, bubble coral is pretty particular when it comes to where your placing it in your tank. Also, what else is in your tank? A brief description would be nice.

Its placed on rock in middle hight with low- moderate flow, no other coral close to it, i also have no fishes that would nip on corals, i had it for an year now, question is what is happening not why, the pic i sent is of flesh only, tho its separated from skele yet its fine.

Back
Top Bottom