Help with diagnosis and need treatment advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amanda.wahl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a neon tetra that I have had for a year. It is lethargic and I believe he has a parasitic infection but am unsure. He is currently in isolation. He has growths on his side (top) and a slime over his top that was white and now is brown. The growths are not fuzzy. I am currently treating with Tetra brand parasite gaurd. My water is at 80 degrees with amonia nitrate and nitrite at 0.

I recently brought home 2 new white tetras and released them (after a week of observation) into my main tank. They have no sign of infection... Could that have brought it in? My tetra got sick shortly after I introduced the new fish.

I have a neon tetra that I have had for a year. It is lethargic and I believe he has a parasitic infection but am unsure. He is currently in isolation. He has growths on his side (top) and a slime over his top that was white and now is brown. The growths are not fuzzy. I am currently treating with Tetra brand parasite gaurd. My water is at 80 degrees with amonia nitrate and nitrite at 0.

I recently brought home 2 new white tetras and released them (after a week of observation) into my main tank. They have no sign of infection... Could that have brought it in? My tetra got sick shortly after I introduced the new fish.

Your tetra might have something called saddleback disease it's common to tetras and there isn't much you can do to treat it. One of mine had it at one point too

After reading up on saddleback and looking at some pictures I believe that is what my tetra has, thank you. I will try a salt dip treatment and be optimistic

Back
Top Bottom