Help! With new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maffnnat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I set up my 55 litre tropical tank for 3 days on the advice from the petshop. I then got 3 x-ray tetras,then I had a bacterial bloom as I found out later that's what it was and lost

1fish. The week after I had water tested they said water was perfect so I got 3 neon tetras on the Saturday they had died by Wednesday. I had water tested and the amonia was 0.25 and has stayed at this level despite water changes. I'm feeding a small amount of pellets once every two or three days. I've been getting the water tested every couple of days but the amonia is staying the same and they say there are no nitrites or nitrates. All the dead fish were taken out

Ya doesn't sound like you have the right kind of stuff in the tank just yet.

that resource is great!

I made the same mistake. You get excited and want the fish right away but that isn't the best way to go about it. We lost a few fish and dollars and we ended up having a few fish infected with ich as well. That wasn't fun!

I followed advice of pets at home they said tank would be fine. They use a liquid test kit for ph,amonia,nitrite and nitrates individually. Will just have to stick to water changes and give it time if that's all I can do. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom