Help with overflow.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

obscurereef

Aquarium Advice Addict
My overflow is basically a pipe with slits in it. Recently my cleaner wrasse has gotten sucked into it down to the filter sock in my sump and died. A few days later my chromis disappeared. I just found him today in the sump (I took the sock out). How can I prevent this from happening? Both fish were healthy and have gone very close to the overflow many times so I was surprised that they got sucked in. I was thinking about using a plastic screen and rubberband.

My overflow is basically a pipe with slits in it. Recently my cleaner wrasse has gotten sucked into it down to the filter sock in my sump and died. A few days later my chromis disappeared. I just found him today in the sump (I took the sock out). How can I prevent this from happening? Both fish were healthy and have gone very close to the overflow many times so I was surprised that they got sucked in. I was thinking about using a plastic screen and rubberband.

I think the plastic screen should work

I bought a screen kit from BRS to build two screen lids I took what I had ledt over and zip tied it around my overflows works like a charm

Either that or maybe a filter sock? Just keep the top out of the water so your fish can't get in

Back
Top Bottom