Help with tank change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pearly

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi there! Can I get some advise on best (safest, least possible stress on fish) on how to move my 3 little fish to their bigger home? Got their new tank ready for them with live plants and few ghost shrimp, water testing readings almost where I need them to be. It'll be a matter of just days and I want to be sure that the move is a smooth transition so they just start enjoying their new, bigger home. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Catch them put them in a bag with water from the org tank and acclumate them like u would new additions...should be fine i move an albino long fin bristle nose pleco through all my tanks when needed and he does fine

Did it!!!!! I was dreading it for soooo long! Was scared of stressing my 3 fish I've had the longest with the move. Since picked up this "hobby" I've lost 1 betta fish and 1 ghost shrimp (have 5 betta boys, molly and platy girl (who now can get little companions), 2 nerite snails and about 15 ghost shrimp in heavily planted tanks with all kinds of live plants. It was very difficult to deal with finding one of my prettiest bettas dead one day and knowing that the cause of it was most likely something I did, so I've just been extra cautious with things, reading and asking lots of questions. Can't tell you how much I appreciate and love this forum I moved everybody around last night. All Bettas are out of their planted bowls and in filtered, heated tanks. I have to say I must have the sweetest bettas bcs they don't bother any other living creatures. Just checked on everybody and they are FINE! Hopefully stays this way and in a few days I'll be getting few "companions" now that I half way know what I'l doing (won't have to depend on petco guy's advice to buy 1molly and 1 platy to put in with my very first betta boy, in 2.5 gal tank!!!! One thing tho, ammonia in that tank never went >0.5, and that was only 1 time, I had few 0.25 readings on it and most of the time it was at zero with zero for nitrites. So what would be the logical explanation for that???? In such small tank (2.5 gal) with 3 fish, each one of them at around 2 inches (the molly girl probably more like 3!) I'm still trying to figure out the how that chemistry works. Was it all the plants that are helping keep the water healthy? It's been that way for several weeks (4, maybe 6?) while I was getting the bigger tank ready. Whatever it was I want to make sure I keep on doing and thank you for responding. It's great to know I can always tap into this resource as things come up:)

Thanks for your posts. All done and going great! Finally! Very excited! Fish even more:)

Back
Top Bottom