Help with these things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wiseman77

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,
first post with help needed :(

what is this thing growing in my tank ?

it came all by its own, took around 6 weeks to became this size from nothing. both are growing on the same rock. I like the colors and I thought it is coral at the beginning, but because of the fast growing I started to doubt it.. can some one help?
before any one asks, all aquarium levels are perfect, no ammonia, no nitrite low nitrate, I have phosphate level 2 on before a month and lowered it to 1 before three weeks.

advice appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2263.JPG
    IMG_2263.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2264.JPG
    IMG_2264.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 77
It's a type of macro algae and an awesome looking one at that! I'd love to have that in my tank lol. Don't know the exact name though

Thanx for the reply.
Macro algae? Should i leave them in tank or remove them to sump?I am not sure, if they will keep growing this fast, they will take control over tank in couple months!!
Thanx for the quick reply man.

It seems like it would be easy to remove. I'd put it in a Refugium or isolate it in your display tank. It's gorgeous! Think your lfs would buy some from you? You could try to sell a bit to them

I can't be sure from the pics but it looks like a macro algae.

I have a red macro algae that I keep in my display mostly because I like the look but it also helps keep excess nutrients out of my water.

You could take some down to your lfs and ask them to id it. It should come out pretty easily.

Back
Top Bottom