help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vicrod17

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im new to hobby. I have a 65gal tank i had cp lights with one 50/50 and one 10k just upgraded my lights to a AI Hydra. I have bought some frags for tank and they don't seem to be doing well. My water is reading are

Salinity 1.023
PH. 8.0
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrate 0ppm
Nitrite. Oppm
Temp. 78

I thought it would be fine to add corals but doesn't seem like it. What can I do to help them?

Hi, what kind of coral did you add? Some are more tolerant than others.

My research drove me to keep my SW at about 74 degrees and 8.2 to 8.4 pH.

That's a bit cold for most of the corals we keep. Their natural environments are much warmer (78-83).
What corals and what are they doing?

I have a frog spawn and a chilas and the truck of the frogspawn is shivering up and the chilas is staring to turn white.

Chili coral? They are non photosynthetic and get all of their nutrition via food in the water column. Hard to keep, and should be left in the ocean IMO/IME.

Frogspawn are not high light, so you can turn that new fixture down a bit.

That's a bit cold for most of the corals we keep. Their natural environments are much warmer (78-83).
What corals and what are they doing?

Admittedly, my primary source is LiveAquaria.com. They put pretty much everything I've got at 72 to 78 degrees.

I see that. That sure is puzzling to me. I would still suggest trying to mimic their natural habitat.

Back
Top Bottom