Hey fishy peeps!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NurseRachel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
After getting sucked back into the hobby after a 5 year hiatus by my little dudes Summer Homeschool project...I'm back!

I've previously had both Planted and Reef tanks in the past, but am back starting fresh with a little 20gal Planted set up, started July 15th-ish, 2017.

Slow cycle, some die offs, and some equipment upgrades and we're off to the races i think finally.

It's kind of like riding a bike; you don't really forget, but man, it's awkward, and you're wobbly. ;)

Current pic of tank...feel free to critique layout thoughts! Cheers! :)

1502918962934.jpg

Looks really awesome if you barely started your hobby again. What type of fish do you even have in it?

Looks really awesome if you barely started your hobby again. What type of fish do you even have in it?
Thanks! I removed the plants that had died off (a few vals and a few bacopa) and replaced with a few new anubas and swords today, so it looks healthy ;) on Monday, I just received my new lighting, A Current Satellite Plus LED system. So these plants should be fine...and just a few fish to start, I had a few losses...I think my tank was just too young. I have a lemon tetra and 2 neon tetras left, they're shoaling together a bit. I'll give it another week or so and add a few more. Up until Sunday, I still had .25 Ammonia (and 0 Nitrite; 5.0 Nitrate) but everything looks good now so fingers crossed.

1502920618948.jpg

Well that happened a lot losing plants and fish are natural. Those are very tiny fish but a good started used to have some but not anymore. Well looks like your doing very amazing being very careful about everything

Back
Top Bottom