Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshfishguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a nexx API filter. A 30 gallon tank. No fish. Decor: rocks and plants. Temp 76. I had a disease I did 3 gallon water changes every day for a month do you think the disease went away.or is it still there

I have a nexx API filter. A 30 gallon tank. No fish. Decor: rocks and plants. Temp 76. I had a disease I did 3 gallon water changes every day for a month do you think the disease went away.or is it still there

Do you have any description of the disease?

You had no fish in it? What disease did they have? What were the signs? What were they showing? What fish?

The last fish you had died because the mall thing right? So what other fish were there?

I'm a bit confused. Is the tank the cichlids were going in? Cause why would you put fish in a sick tank?

Please try and answer the questions so that we may help you with "correct" advice"

Thanks,

Dino

Going off what we know from your other thread, it' most likely the tank was not cycled properly and that's what killed the fish. If it was a disease then what you need to do is remove all the water and disinfect everything just to be on the safe side. Then you need to decide if you want to fish in or fishless cycle the tank.
You can use a bleach solution. One part (plain) bleach and 9 parts water to wash everything. You then need to rinse it in 3x dosed Prime and water. Let everything dry completely then you know that everything is clean and ready to start again.

The had toxins in the tank .Just forget about the mall thing the started to float at the top and lose there apatite not move very much.

I did empty it out after this thread rinse all gravel with how water boiled all rocks cleaned everything do I think that's goods

I'm not referring to the mall fish. I'm referring to the other 15 you had before. What did they die of? The same thing? Gasping at the surface? Not eating? Then laying over and dying? Whit fuzz? Spots? What? If we don't know what killed them then we can't tell you if you need to start over or not. Some diseases can last a long time without fish in the tank.

The had toxins in the tank .Just forget about the mall thing the started to float at the top and lose there apatite not move very much.

Ok... So, there was fish in the tank. They weren't eating and then died? Floated to the top?

Since its empty I'd just follow Mumma's advice and save yourself the headaches. Start over by sling what she said and them do a fish less cycle.

Hey Josh, do yourself a favor. Do a nice fish less cycle. Check your water parameters and take it slow. You'll get there in time. Don't rush it.

That's the easiest way to go IMO.

Back
Top Bottom