HOB insert questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
30g - Neo shrimp tank with an AQ 200

70g - 1 doctor fish, 4 Angels, 11 corys & 6/8" pleco that runs 2 x 330 Marineland/Penguins

65g - 12/15 tetras, Blue Gourami, Pink Kisser, 2 upside down cats, Hoplo cat 6/8" pleco & 6 Amano that runs 2 x 330 Penguins

65g - saucer size Oscar & 6/8" pleco that runs AQ 300

70g - 15" Knife fish & 6/8" pleco that runs 2 x 330 Penguins

At the moment they all have filter floss in them & the Oscar has a sponge beneath his cause he's running a single filter, but I am running out of floss - was actually a roll of furnace filter floss that's lasted 8+years, but I digress. Need to know a cheap efficient replacent for this if possible as I am having trouble find a large roll anywhere. Saw the scrubbie suggestion for the cannister & was unsure whether I could use this as it is very open & I don't want to lose any of the water polishing qualities the floss provides

I fill all my hob filters with Fluval foam sponges. They don't wear out, and a squeeze every two weeks keeps them clean.

As others have said, I use sponges as well. But if you want to use floss, you can get a 1 pound bag of Poly Fil from Walmart in their hobby section for about $3.50. They also have bigger bags available in store and on line.

Walmart Poly Fil, 1 pound bag

Back
Top Bottom