Homemade Python

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moved to the DIY forum.

When it comes to the hose, use drinking water safe hoses. We found ours at Home Depot.

Fishyfanatic said:
Moved to the DIY forum.

When it comes to the hose, use drinking water safe hoses. We found ours at Home Depot.

Oh ok.. thank you-I didn't know if I posted it wrong. Sorry.

Was the difference in price for a drinking safe hose significantly more than a regular one?

Unless there is appeal in making this yourself, I would recommend buying one online. They're cheaper online than in store, and quite reasonable. Check out PetSmart.com for pricing.

theotheragentm said:
Unless there is appeal in making this yourself, I would recommend buying one online. They're cheaper online than in store, and quite reasonable. Check out PetSmart.com for pricing.

It'll cost about $20 versus $40 for a 50', THAT'S the appeal.

It was more but I don't remember how much. If you are going to use it for fish tanks I wouldn't use anything but one that is made for drinking water. Otherwise you may contaminate the tanks.

Hi everyone,
I don't know if you are aware of this but Petsmart matches their online prices, just bring in a print-out of the product with the price from their site and they give it to you for that price. They used to match other online stores but finally realized they were losing money! I got my python for almost half price doing that. Also, craigslist dot org is a great local source for fish supplies, etc. I got 50 feet in extension tubing for the python with some adapters for 10 bucks.

ulthipster17 said:
Hi everyone,
I don't know if you are aware of this but Petsmart matches their online prices, just bring in a print-out of the product with the price from their site and they give it to you for that price. They used to match other online stores but finally realized they were losing money! I got my python for almost half price doing that. Also, craigslist dot org is a great local source for fish supplies, etc. I got 50 feet in extension tubing for the python with some adapters for 10 bucks.

I got on Craigslist all the time but haven't seen one yet. And I'm like addicted to that site-Hardcore!
And even with the matching prices, it's still cheaper to make one because I need AT LEAST a 50 footer, and that's about $40 (with matching the online price).

Fishyfanatic said:
It was more but I don't remember how much. If you are going to use it for fish tanks I wouldn't use anything but one that is made for drinking water. Otherwise you may contaminate the tanks.

Noted.

Back
Top Bottom