Hot Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boxxmann

Aquarium Advice Activist
:?: I have a 92 corner bowfront reef tank. I would like to keep the temperature around 77-78. My tank is steadily @ 80-81. I have two 175 watt MH running. I also have two fans mounted in the canopy; one blowing in and one blowing out. I am in the process of mounting a fan on top of my sump also. Is there anything else that I can do? A chiller is a little out of my range right now. TIA.

80-81 isn't a bad number, as long as it stays steady. You don't want any swings more than 2 degrees. You could also have a fan blowing across the top of the tank, as well.

if you can modify your canopy, i would place both fans on same side, both blowing outward. on the opposite side, you should have two openings. this should allow you to move more air through the canopy, and result in more cooling.

by increasing the flow path area (in this case, doubling the number of holes) you will increase the volume of air that can pass through your canopy.

~mike

Oh, nice catch, I missed the whole canopy part.

boxxmann said:
A chiller is a little out of my range right now. TIA.

What ? I know where you work at and you can afford several chillers :lol:
Matt is a friend of mine and I`m just joking with him. But I have to agree with Lisa that there is nothing wrong with those temps. As long as they stay steady you have no problem.

Back
Top Bottom