How do Clean this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ebster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was woundering how do I clean the outside of my tank the glass looks alittle durty, also ho do I remove the rocks from the flooring of my tank adn replace it with sand.

If you are talking about the outside, don't use anything with ammonia, like Windex, if you do, spray it on a cloth away from the tank. Or you could use vinegar/water mixture.
also ho do I remove the rocks from the flooring of my tank adn replace it with sand.
You could just add the sand with the LR in there. You aren't thinking of removing the LR and only having sand are you?

As Roka said dont spray windex on the glass. Go in another room and spray on cloth and then wipe glass. Stuff is toxic if it gets in tank.

IMO, you want the rocks on the bottom of the glass anyway with sand around'm. You may get sand burrowing critters someday and you don't want the rocks just sitting on top of the sand 'cause they'll topple that way.

With the glass, I do a damp cloth or paper towel in one hand and a dry one in the other.

austinsdad said:
With the glass, I do a damp cloth or paper towel in one hand and a dry one in the other.

Exactly, I have stopped using glass cleaner all together. Famp towel with RO water (no mineral deposits) and then just wipe well with dry towel.

I have to use vinegar since I am on well water, and the minerals will leave a white film of either calcium or lime or both.

Back
Top Bottom