How long until they stop....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyAnglerFishKeeper

Aquarium Advice Regular
....trying to swim out of the aquarium? Right now, two days in - they are spending about 40% of their time "feeling out" the corners. I'm not too worried about it, and I'm not sure the same time frame will apply for these bream as it would for tank-bred fish...but anyone have an idea of how long before they get settled in to their new home?

thanks all. really learning alot here.

FlyAnglerFishKeeper said:
....trying to swim out of the aquarium? Right now, two days in - they are spending about 40% of their time "feeling out" the corners. I'm not too worried about it, and I'm not sure the same time frame will apply for these bream as it would for tank-bred fish...but anyone have an idea of how long before they get settled in to their new home?

Are you talking about wild fish you caught & put into your tank? What kind of fish, how big, how many? If they were wild they definitely weren't used to hitting walls when swimming so it could take them a while to settle I would think.

LOL. :) They're pumpkinseed bream - a type of sunfish native to America. I know they'll eventually figure out this is their new home, but I'm impatient. I want trained fish, dog gone it. Sit. Stay. Good fish. :)

FlyAnglerFishKeeper said:
LOL. :) They're pumpkinseed bream - a type of sunfish native to America. I know they'll eventually figure out this is their new home, but I'm impatient. I want trained fish, dog gone it. Sit. Stay. Good fish. :)

LOL. I completely understand. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom