How many bushy/bristle nose pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sarjo Pepper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In a hypothetical 4'L 2'W 2'H tank (~120g), how many bristlenose pleco could I put in without territorial deputes? Are they're any other pleco I could substitute? This is assuming at least one large school of corys (~15) and other mid/upper level fish. Looking more at behavioral than stocking issues.:thanks:

In a hypothetical 4'L 2'W 2'H tank (~120g), how many bristlenose pleco could I put in without territorial deputes? Are they're any other pleco I could substitute? This is assuming at least one large school of corys (~15) and other mid/upper level fish. Looking more at behavioral than stocking issues.:thanks:

Not many. Maybe 2 males or 2 pairs without much issue. If it was a 6' tank i think you could do 3-4.

They can be a bit mean.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

When you say two pairs, do you mean two males and two females? Because that hits 4 plecos right away? What about just females?

pair = 1 male 1 female

I still think 4 would be the limit for females, But im not a pleco guy.

Females can also be bullies. There are a lot of plecos you could have. L201 are smaller than bristlenose. I have L333 which are a tiny bit bigger. Check planetcatfish for other ideas also, but be warned the bristlenose are the cheapest next to common plecos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom