How many platys in a 75 gallon tank !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dpfitness23

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am setting up a 75 gallon aquarium with measurements of 48x18x21. And would like it to be a platy tank. It will be heavy planted with a few decorations as well. I keep getting different answers on how many i can have. Some say 20 while some say 60. Whats your opinion on how many I should keep. I know adults can get up to 3".:fish2:

I think 20 would me much nicer. I think around that number would give you a nice bunch of fish without the tank looking like a sardine can.

Talk about a harem :)..that's five females per male. Still, not bad...it will keep the females from being overly harassed. Does your LFS sell livebearers as individuals or do you have to buy a pair (male and female)?

They sell them in singles.... But my local petco currently have red platy females that are already pregnant !! So do we all agree 25 total?.. I will post pics and video on youtube when I get it up and running. Its going to be a stunning tank when im done:fish1:

Back
Top Bottom