How much algae for tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wentom7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, how much algae (dried, wafer) should I be feeding my tang? I put a 2-3 inch piece in daily and its gone. Could be getting soft and just falling off? I do see it eat it. Also a couple of clowns in there but i don't see them eat it. Thanks

I think that might be too much. Maybe once 2-3 days or every day an inch piece. If you're using a clip and the algae doesn't stay there, you could use a piece of rock and rubber band. It's more realistic too.

You need to provide a varied diet. Not just a few wafers here and there. Meaty foods every so often, plus nori on a clip or magnet it can graze on.

Would feeding a lot of meat be bad as I feed the cubes once every two days, but change from brime, mysis shrimp and blood worm this for all my fish. I add algae flake,pellet or sea weed on clip everyday so my tang and flame angle get good diet

You can give them some romaine lettuce or some spinach along with like Mr.X said a balanced diet.

Is that normal spinach? Well think I'm giving a balanced diet as I said in first post what I feed just want make sure meat once out of two days was ok for tangs as have to feed meat a lot for my cardinal as dont eat anything else and sometimes still add little on the days off so he's fed good. Plus he begs worse that a dog on the day off when don't feed meat lol

Delayed

Thanks all, just got these, my mac decided to put it under "bulk mail" I kept checking "inbox". Frustrating. Yeah, I'm a little concerned cuz he just wants the misis and pellets. No veggies! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom