How to fight black beard algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BBA usually comes down to a combination of fixing the underlying issue that's causing it and treating what's already in the tank. Spot treating with H2O2 usually works good for the latter, but the formed is much more complicated.

Can you share more about the tank, particularly the lighting with an emphasis on what typing of light you have rather than color temperature, maintenance routine, lighting schedule, and ferts/co2.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You omitted the ferts. I suspect the multiple DIY CO2 setups may not have provided enough CO2 for the tank which I suspect is 55g+. A drop checker would be helpful for determining this.
That is a lot of light and it is on for quite a bit of time. Without the proper ferts and carbon, a variety of algae (not just BBA) will find it a favorable environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank. Yes it is a 55 gal. I dose API leaf zone. Hopefully the pressurized will be better for the tank when I get it soon.

Leaf zone is certainly not sufficient for a tank of that lighting level!

Would certainly be my starting point. Get switched to a dry fert package. EI or PPS pro

I would also suspect the co2 supply is also inadequate

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom