HOw to plump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jumbaaa

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have a 30 gallon tank with 40 lbs of live rock in I got for free which is curing as we speak (well type) I was given a 10 gallon tank that I was thinking of setting up a reefugium for underneath the stand. The 30 gallon is Glass so I do not want to drill into it. Anyone have any recomendations on how to set up the plumping so that I can have a reefugium going well?

You can do an overflow if you don't want to drill. Either store bought, or a DIY. DIY will cost a lot less than a store bought version.

Are you sure you don't want to drill the glass? As much as I liked making my overflow, i completely regret not drilling my 125g tank.

I don't want to drill because the plan is when I move out of my apartment I am going to by a larger tank and drill that one out. I also heard there are issues with drilling through glass.

Drilling through glass is not as hard as it may seem. All you need is the proper diamond drill bit and a steady hand.

If you're getting a larger tank, I'd say go ahead and build your own overflow using PVC. It'll be cheaper than a retail version.

are there any plans out there ? This being my first salt water tank, i am still working out the kinks of it all

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom