How to sink driftwood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I started a thread on it! Hopefully I get some good answers. I looked up that fritz zyme and it sounds really good! I'm just wondering if I can use it after I've already dosed my tank with this start zyme?

Since you've already used that product, I would recommend just monitoring your numbers. You may or may not see your ammonia and/or nitrites go up, but ideally, there should be at least some beneficial bacteria. Just take it slow when you start adding fish. You can switch to Fritz-Zyme or other bacteria options with when you do water changes.

Speaking of water changes, another idea is to use some "stuff" from your existing tank. If you can move some filter media over to your new tank for a while, that will help. Another thing you can do is to add some I the water from your old tank to the new one when you do a water change. Your goal in doing the water change is primarily to get rid o nitrates, but moving that water or filter media to the new one will move valuable bacteria along with the nitrates, which will be greatly diluted and in small amounts is not really bad for the fish. In fact, if your planting the tank, which I'm guessing you plan to do with the sand an the driftwood, the nitrates can actually be of value.

Since you've already used that product, I would recommend just monitoring your numbers. You may or may not see your ammonia and/or nitrites go up, but ideally, there should be at least some beneficial bacteria. Just take it slow when you start adding fish. You can switch to Fritz-Zyme or other bacteria options with when you do water changes.

Speaking of water changes, another idea is to use some "stuff" from your existing tank. If you can move some filter media over to your new tank for a while, that will help. Another thing you can do is to add some I the water from your old tank to the new one when you do a water change. Your goal in doing the water change is primarily to get rid o nitrates, but moving that water or filter media to the new one will move valuable bacteria along with the nitrates, which will be greatly diluted and in small amounts is not really bad for the fish. In fact, if your planting the tank, which I'm guessing you plan to do with the sand an the driftwood, the nitrates can actually be of value.

Thanks for all this great info!!! I have moved some small rocks from my old tank and will be moving one fake plant over this weekend. Ill also add a cup or two of the other tanks water. I'm only going to put one real plant in my new tank. Not sure which one tho!

Back
Top Bottom