I bought 3 big pieces of live rock and this little guy was hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When cycled my tank it had portably 6 hermits in it all lived even though nitrates where pin well off the scale for prob 6 months

Mike-words said:
When cycled my tank it had portably 6 hermits in it all lived even though nitrates where pin well off the scale for prob 6 months

Hahaha yeah. Do you think that if my hermits and snails can live, so can some clowns?

Lane1223 said:
Hahaha yeah. Do you think that if my hermits and snails can live, so can some clowns?

He probably could, I wouldn't add any fish to a cycling tank. It's cruel and unnecessary. And tons of work for you 'coz you'd have to keep ammo/nitrite below 0 with daily PWC, sometimes more than once a day.
IMHO, it's more rewarding to add a fish to a clean safe tank when the cycle is done and your CUC has worked on whatever mess the cycling process left behind.

I would second the no fish til youre cycled. System may be able to handle it but the fish might not. And it would require so much more work if there were any spikes in parameters.

Just wait it out a little while longer......

1Vampiregirl said:
He probably could, I wouldn't add any fish to a cycling tank. It's cruel and unnecessary. And tons of work for you 'coz you'd have to keep ammo/nitrite below 0 with daily PWC, sometimes more than once a day.
IMHO, it's more rewarding to add a fish to a clean safe tank when the cycle is done and your CUC has worked on whatever mess the cycling process left behind.

Ok cool. Yeah thanks. I have no money right now and so I can't buy anymore salt. My bag that I have has enough for maybe 10 gallons of water. I know.... So since I have hermits and snails, do I need to feed them?

Lane1223 said:
Ok cool. Yeah thanks. I have no money right now and so I can't buy anymore salt. My bag that I have has enough for maybe 10 gallons of water. I know.... So since I have hermits and snails, do I need to feed them?

I didn't feed mine, there was enough algea and detritus for them to feast on. :)

1Vampiregirl said:
I didn't feed mine, there was enough algea and detritus for them to feast on. :)

Well I don't have any algea yet...

Have you got live rock? If you do they'll be algae on that for them to eat. Don't worry they'll find something

Paulm87 said:
Have you got live rock? If you do they'll be algae on that for them to eat. Don't worry they'll find something

Haha ok. Thanks. I bought my rock from Petco and they sell by size and not pounds. ( good for me. I know people that work there and they give me larges for the price if a small. :)) how can I determine how many pounds of live rock I have?

1Vampiregirl said:
Weigh it. Lol ;)

Well I don't want to take it out. I know that like a vital part in weighing something but every time I move them, the sand scatters....

Yeah, I know I re-scaped a couple of times and the water was very cloudy for some 30 mins.
Guesstimate?

1Vampiregirl said:
Yeah, I know I re-scaped a couple of times and the water was very cloudy for some 30 mins.
Guesstimate?

Well I'm pretty sur I have like 4-6 pounds at most. 5 rocks and 3 are pretty good size.

Back
Top Bottom