i found eggs on the gravel in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

speedrider13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So yes, I found these yellowish almost green eggs all over my tank, I bought 4 ghost shrimp yesterday, and this morning as I was observing the tank like usual, I saw them in a little bunch in the back corner, by the marimo moss ball. My question is who did they come from because I know the mollies don't lay eggs.

My tank has 2 adult mollies, 1 juvenile Molly, 1 common pleco, 2 mystery snails, and the 4 new ghost shrimp, I collected as many eggs as I could and placed hem in the breeder net, as soon as I figure out how to post pics on here then u can see them

I think those are ghost shrimp eggs. I see those on some of shrimps but I've never seen them on the substrate.

May the force be with you.

Well I don't know what happened,but the eggs disappeared from the breeder net, I think the fish sucked them thru the net. But regardless no more eggs:confused: i wish I had a free tank to put them in

Ghost shrimp eggs won't hatch in fresh water or so I have been told. I thought I read they need brackish to reproduce. Hope this helps.

My tank is set up as a brackish water tank, the mollies need brackish water, the shrimp do as well, my only theory is that the pregnant shrimp dropped the eggs due to shock from the transfer to my home. And the eggs were sucked thru the net by either the fish or snails, I was abort o save just one egg and I placed it in a glass jar and I will try to hatch it. though, i doubt I will have any luck

You have a pleco and a mystery snail in a brackish tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes I do, I have had my pleco for a year, he was my first fish, the mystery snails don't seem to mind, but then again they are not like their land only cousin

Back
Top Bottom