I got a Jebo UV Sterilizer, help! No instructions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ugh! So I finally get a 9w Jebo UV sterilizer from ebay for a decent price and it didn't come with instructions! The box shows me how to hook everything together, but I have NO clue how it goes in the water
Do I hook it up to my intake and outtake pumps? do I just put it in the water like an HOB??

Sooooooooo confused!

Also, there is this little black plug that I can't figure out where it goes. The box doesn't show it as a piece to the sterilizer but it was with it.

EDIT-
this is the kind I purchased-
http://www.jeboaquarium.com/Ultra Violet Steriliser.htm

do I just stick the tubes in the water and as water passes by, the UV zaps all the bad stuff? (ha, like my terminology?)

That kind of sterilizer is designed to be installed in-line with either a canister filtration system or a water pump. You'd have to post a pic of the plug you're referring to because I'm not familiar with Jebo gear. Also, keep in mind that most sterilizers aren't intended to run 24/7, they have a specific duty-cycle for their estimated bulb life, etc. What size aquarium are you installing it on?

the outlet from the canister should go into one of the barbed fittings on the sterilizer. then the other fitting is connected to the spray bar (or any other outlet you might be using) in the tank. so that, the watre passes through the UV bulb from the canister to the tank. just make sure that the outlet tube from the canister fits into the barbed fitting of the sterilizer.
hope that made sense.

I have the same unit. The barbs are universal. They fit all size hoses. The return hose from the cannister connects to the intake side of the sterilizer. The output side of the sterilizer returns to the tank. Or you can use the water pump supplied with the unit. The hose from the pump would connect to the intake side of sterilizer.

Back
Top Bottom