I had 2 more fish die

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, I checked out the link you sent me. I went over the info a few times.
I do have a question.
I have 3 red eyed tetra and I should have 6 or more, should I buy 3 more tetras?
I have a 20 gallon tank.
With 9 Glo tetras, 3 red eyed tetras, 5 cory's, and one spotted baby cory, and 3 panda Cory's.

At this point, I wouldn't. As I've said in previous posts, there will be deaths in your collection as the fish load levels itself out. Your tank was not really large enough for all the fish you put into it, especially in combination with the cycling process most of them went through. Fish deaths happen from being in high ammonia and nitrite levels even if they make it all the way through the cycling period. Truthfully, the only deaths that really count as a problem or a potential problem are from the fish you added AFTER the tank finished cycling. The fish that were in there during the cycling could have been adversely effected by the process so their deaths were not " natural".

With schooling fish like Tetras, once you have an established school present, it's best to not add to what's there until you are either down to one or if you have 2, one is being aggressive towards the other one. The schooling behavior is for security but if they are knocking each other off, they are secure and fine with being alone. ;)

Back
Top Bottom