I have 2 tanks fresh water wanna put in a uv sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BIGBLOC454

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What are the pros and cons of adding a UV Sterilizer to my tanks and what brand would you guys recomend for me I've been doing some research on them and I wanna go with a submergable one and do these things remove the nitrates from my tanks there going in a 75gal and 55gal freshwater tank please help thank you?

It will kill free floating bacteria and algae. It will if sized right make the water more clear and crisp. It will not remove nitrates

As far as brand I'm not sure because I've never used an internal. My in line one is a coral life if that helps any. Plus I'd find a few that you like and are rated good then look up the cost of replacement bulbs and how easily available they are

I use an Advantage 2000 on my 220g. But in order for the UV to work properly you need to be sure it is the correct size for your tank and that your flow rate through the UV doesn't exceed the recommend flow rate for the brand purchased. Slower flow rates on UV's give better clairification and sterilization. And as mentioned above has no impact in nitrates.

Back
Top Bottom