I NEED help id'ing this...(i believe it is a polyp.)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aidanflower

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im new, i am setting up a 90 gallon reef tank and i am towards the middle end of my cycle. I have live rock and i just noticed this thing an hour ago but i cant id it.if it helps i found it directly infront of the flow of my power head. And every once in a while a few of its branches look like they are grabbing for something in the water. Can anyone identify it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 112
Okay thanks. I looked it up and i think you are right. Do you know anything else about them other than to get rid of them?

Any removal process you have to use has to be very thorough. Any tiny bits of the anemone that are left will regrow to entire new ones as well as spreading fairly rapidly.

When they start spreading they can sting other corals and fish causing more issues.

If you can remove the rock, hold it upside down and it will fall off may take awhile 5-10 min. I placed mine on top off a bucket and they fell off in the bucket.

Thats kind off what i did, i took the rock out and examined it. It looked really loose so i took twezzers and gently pulled it off. It might as well ben just placed on top instead of stuck on

Back
Top Bottom