ich and my snail.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zarmalar

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I discovered ich in my tank yesterday night. I went and got some tablets to treat, and I'm slowly going to increase temps to kill this stuff. Tablets aren't safe for my Gary. What on earth do I do with him for the next five days of the meds so as to not kill him?

Yes I took out the carbon in my filter, I've got a 30 gal with 6 danios 6 Orange von Rio Tetras 2 platies 1 guppy 1 Gary and Platy babies. The Tetras seem to be the only ones affected by the ick ie. Little white spots. Any advice/experience appreciated.

I have no experience with snails but I would find a jar or some container and change his water with tank water everyday.

It may not work but it's what I would do.

Yea, I would think if I'm changing my snails water with tank water wouldn't I just be giving him meds from the main tank? I've only got 1

You can use water out of your tap as long as you condition it with your water conditioner/dechlorinator.

Makes sense, lol thanks :) my only other question is do snails get infected or can they carry the parasite? So after I treat my tank will he reinfect the tank?

Inverts dont carry ich so you should be fine. I keep some snails in a tupperware container. I change their water every few days & throw some spinach leaves & pinch of fish food in. They are doing fine!

Back
Top Bottom