Ich help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adamzam15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I guys, sorry I haven't been on for a bit but had a flu like bug!

I'm pretty sure my fish have ich. Small salt granule white spots (most noticeable on fins and tail)

I've been treating with waterlife protazin and am on day four of the course, but the ich seems to be getting worse! Also the fish have all been active, but today one female cory seems a little more secluded.

I have 4 corys, 8 neons and 3 platys

Please help me! A newbie and panicking now!

Corys are scaleless and are sensitive to certain medications. For ich I use microbe-lift herbtana. It doesn't hurt the corys and it doesn't kill off the beneficial bacteria either.

I just raised my temp slowly to 86 to kill ich in my tank which has cories & it worked :)

Shelly, and anyone else - so fat I have left the med in, turned the temp back to normal and done normal water changes.

Should I be putting the carbon pads in to soak up anymore med?

Adamzam15 said:
Shelly, and anyone else - so fat I have left the med in, turned the temp back to normal and done normal water changes.

Should I be putting the carbon pads in to soak up anymore med?

If it was me I would use the carbon, some people just do a large water change to help remove the med :)

Back
Top Bottom