Ich or micro bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tashangel31

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here's a picture of our Mickey Mouse Plaidy "leaf basket". (our four-year-old named her)

I noticed the spots tonight but I can't tell if it is ick or just micro air bubbles.

Parameters
0 ammonia
0 nitrites
20ppm nitrates

Only fish with the spots. The spots are on her only. they all eat great and act fine!!!

Her friends are 2 other platys and a fry of 21 in a breeders net.

Help me!!!

If it is ick will the fry be ok with raised temp and salt??

Attachments

• image-263747561.jpg
    image-263747561.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3400007729.jpg
    image-3400007729.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 81
  • image-1346609661.jpg
    image-1346609661.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 78
Thanks for the pics! Your one fish definitely has something on her tail though i honestly can not tell what from the pic. It may be ich. I honestly would try treating with only heat (raised gradually over 2-3 days so the fish can adjust) unless you can move either the sick fish to qt tank or move the fry to a qt then dose your entire tank with aquarium salt (and heat). I do not believe the fry can tolerate a salt treatment so you will have to consider your options here. Good luck!

Thanks. I am putting the fry in a 5 gallon. Will they be ok?

Short term, they should be ok while you treat for ich in the main tank! Just monitor their water daily & do pwcs as needed to keep any amm/nitrite under control. Good luck with your fish & i hope she gets better soon!

I run extra filter media in my filters on my other tanks. So it should be an instant cycle!!! I hope!

Back
Top Bottom