Ideas for a new addition to my tank?¿

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chest Rockwell

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey there, I was thinking about a new addition to my 60G. I want it to be a part of my tropical setup. I saw some hillstream loaches and fresh water flounder which looked pretty cool, but I was seeing if anybody had any ideas of some really exotic or rare species. I have already 40 neons, a pair of GBRs, 3 Albino corys, n a bristlenose. Here's my setup...

I don't really have any suggestions for you on stocking but may I just say that's one of the most beautiful fish tanks I have ever seen!!

Hill stream loaches are cold water fish so you can't do that. You might be able to do a flounder but I'm not sure. Something like a peacock gudgeon would make an excellent addition to your tank.

And if you're looking for something really exotic and rare, try a paradise threadfin. If you can find one they're magnificent fish. Or maybe a Pygmy sunfish, but I think they're cold water.

This is very off topic and I apologize but I was just wondering on the tank with your Neons what is your water hardness and your pH?

The Ph 7.0-7.2 The hardness don't know. Soon I will be adding peat moss to my fluval 305 to soften the water

Hill stream need cold water and strong current it wont work with your set. You do have a beautiful set up. What about some hatchet fish to occupy the top of your tank. I always thought they were cool. Some dwarf rainbows would be nice too, or some pygmy corries. I like ottos also.

I hope whatever you add you quarantine I had a large school of cardinals and I added one fish that brought ICH with it and wiped out the whole school.

Back
Top Bottom