Identify 2 fish please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CamT223

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I apologize the second pic is a bit blurry. Could someone please tell me what the 2 fish in the pictures are? In the first picture I'm looking for the ID of the one with the big eyes

Thank you,

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476313071.218688.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476313090.524743.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Black bar soldier fish and a juvie tang of sorts??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The 2nd pic with the single dark fish looks like a wrasse to me.... lunar wrasse is my guess.

I thought the one with a big eye was a squirrel fish?

The black bar soldier is a squirrel fish. Spot on id there.
As for the other, without a better picture it is really hard to tell. Possibly a bird wrasse maybe?

The second fish does need a better picture as the tail pattern suggests both a Lunare wrasse or one of the Anampses wrasses. (possibly a male Anampses meleagrides?) At that size, a bird wrasse would have a fairly large beak which this one seems to be missing.
The first fish IS a Black bar Soldier also sometimes called a "Hawaiian Bigeye". There are a couple different ones in both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans so the names are sometimes different. (y)

I'd really like to take credit for knowing sw fish but I literally Googled "big eye red salt water aquarium fish" :) all about knowing how to search I guess.

I'd really like to take credit for knowing sw fish but I literally Googled "big eye red salt water aquarium fish" :) all about knowing how to search I guess.

LOL. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. :p
They just happened to be a staple in both my Haiti and Hawaiian shipments so I know they are from both oceans and have different names. They are also a common fish in FL as well. They are cute as the dickens when they are small and in a school. A whole bunch of big Black Eyes staring at you. :eek::lol: (y)

Lunar wrasse and Black Bar Soldierfish! Thanks all for the help

Back
Top Bottom