Initial ammonia dose question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HeatherW said:
I've never gone diving but I love snorkling!! I have snorkeld several times in Hawaii and I love it! the water is so clear - like swimming in an aquarium. it is the best thing in the world to me! I would love to take a caribbean dive vacation!
so what are you wanting to put in your tank?

So would I. I've snorkeled in cozumel before.

"so what are you wanting to put in your tank?"

Well we have a few weeks while the tank cycles. But when I was at the lfs yesterday I saw a couple of tetras I liked--diamond tetra and serpae tetra were both beautiful and I was thinking about 7 of each if they'd go together ok. I have not researched this though. I'm going to need to purchase some more light because I definately want some live plants. A single SolarMax HE T5 system came with the tank. The same company makes a 4 tube fixture that is pricey but from what little I've gathered so far should provide sufficient light for some plants. In addition we will probably get a school of corys for the bottom and and maybe a synodontis of some sort if I can find one that catches my eye. I'd like some surface dwellers too.

The main objective is to have something nice where we can turn off the computer and the TV and sit back and enjoy the action in the tank.

By the way...I know this may be silly, but do folks name their fish? We have 5 cats and 2 dogs and I'm pretty sure my wife is gonna start naming the fish too, hehe.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom