Instantly Cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adadkins1

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got done tearing down and bleaching my 10g. It was full and I poured about a cup of bleach into the tank to kill all the nasty algae that had accumulated. I have rinsed it with about 50g of water (10 trips with the 5g bucket). Now the LPS is special ordering some RCS for me and I am going to start out with about 5 in this tank. Will it be safe to pop in some plants and filter media from my recently cycled 55g tomorrow morning (7 am) and then bring the shrimp home and put them in (12pm)? The only other way I could do it is to not plant and seed until 12pm when I am acclimating the shrimp. Will this process be enough to instantly cycle my tank? I will be adding hornwort, duckweed, anacharis, java moss, marimo ball, and a few others. I just want to make sure I don't throw my money away by killing my new shrimp.

That should work perfectly! Shrimp have very small bioloads so the seeded media will instantly cycle the tank for them. It might not stay cycled though with the small bioload and plants.

Okay, I will update this tomorrow when I introduce the RCS to the tank. Thanks for your input Mumma! I look forward to having baby shrimp in the future.

Back
Top Bottom