Introduction!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RonColle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello! I'm a first year fish tank-er!?! I have a 30 gallon eureka red peacock cichlid tank and a 20 gallon fry tank. My 30 currently has 5 adult and 1 juvenile about 1 inch long. I would love a little help sexing my fish. I know the gender of 2 for sure being I've seen one holding and my obvious full color male. The obvious female is the smallest of the 5. The juvenile hatched sometime before I even realized they were mating. I also have a single fry in my fry tank from before I seen the one female holding. The female that was holding ended up swallowing her eggs a couple days ago after holding for about 2.5 weeks. I've read that the first time brooding that sometimes that happens. Not sure if was her first time or not since I don't know which fish the to surviving fry came from. Please feel free to comment and can give additional pictures of needed. Super excited about breeding them.

Attachments

• IMG_4166.jpg
    IMG_4166.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 38
The top middle is for sure a female and the one closet to bottom is for sure male.

Additional pic

Attachments

• IMG_4161.jpg
    IMG_4161.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 35
Also just got an egg tumbler to prevent my previous encounter

Back
Top Bottom